There’s a notion to simply waste your weekends or get you wasted over the weekend,its time to redefine weekend goals.
I trust that this has been a productive week for you and that you are gearing up for the “WerkEnd” (not a typo) meaning (when the work you do for yourself or someone ends)
The mind is a tool given to us by God to engineer our lives here on earth, and we are commanded to renew the thoughts, imaginations, opinions, and exchange of ideas that our mind continually processes, and continuously adopt a better and higher way of thinking as much as is its your power to do so.
We’ve been sold the idea that weekends or Werk-Ends are a time to get away, hang out with friends, club, party and basically get wasted in the name of having fun, but I do not particularly agree, basically because the world’s idea of how to unwind translates into stylishly stealing from you; your hard earned money, your precious time and ultimately rob you of life’s beautiful moments in a way you almost would never notice.
Have you ever wondered why those Party places, NightClubs, Cinemas, lounges, Restaurants, hotels etc. give out special discounts on products and services over the weekend? It’s simply so that you can have a reason to spend more by carefully rendering to you services that seemingly take your mind off the “troubles, Stress or pressures” for a moment, while they make all the money. Then the vicious cycle returns as you go back to work on Monday again to face the same troubles, pressures and/or squabbles and in most cases return or meet up with a friend next WerkEnd,and in the course of trying to talk to him/her you promote more sales for the lounge spot as you end up spending much more because the trouble you don’t resolve will linger till it’s addressed.
Thus, the point of this (werkend) post is not to ask you to cut off unwinding at weekends but to help you redefine your (weekend) activities towards achieving a happier, stress-free life, and hopefully help you completely cut off making the same mistakes repeatedly and wishfully hoping that someday, something will change.
Below is a suggestion of what you could adopt as a productive weekend exercise;
Have quality Sleep Time: What the mind cannot handle, it transfers to the body which translates into Stress. Quality sleep can help you relieve stress as your body undergoes cell tissue repair during sleep. This goes a long way in getting you into better shape for a more productive week ahead.
It’s no use to go clubbing and dancing when you mind and body is overworked already knowing.
2. Spend quality time in Fellowship with God: This is literally the most rejuvenating experience for your spirit and soul (mind). Fellowship with God completely refreshes you because God made you and He is omniscient (all knowing) and He more than any friend in this world wants to help you get out of whatever challenging situation that maybe confronting you. Hanging out with friends may provide you with momentary relief. It however will not take the problem away but God can if you will only let him let Him help you!
3. Do Good Deeds Deliberately: Have you ever wondered why people who give to others are always happy and always have to give?, it’s a life hack that everyone must tap into.
A liberal soul shall be made fat…
“Proverbs 11:25” (The Bible)
4. Bond with Family: Spend quality bonding moments with family members, and if you are a parent or guardian prioritize time with your children or ward this weekend. This will bring you into new discoveries of their un-harnessed potentials and unlock in you hope for their future. It will improve the quality of your communication with a rippling effect in every facet of life.
5. Spend Your Free Time With Those You Aspire To: The moguls you see who meet at golf clubs, lounges, soccer games etc. don’t just go there to unwind alone, it’s a deliberate plot to see new business opportunities, close business deals, get investment feedbacks and meet great minds who are loaded with dreams for the future.
Roger Federer of Switzerland and Bill Gates shake hands at the Match For Africa 4 exhibition match at KeyArena on April 29, 2017 in Seattle, Washington. Suzi Pratt—Getty Images
Those who lead, don’t just play, they play major roles.
6. Get Relevant Knowledge: Ignorance has never been acceptable and it never will, so go after the right kind of information. Don’t merely feed your mind on junks for momentary distraction from pressure; get informative resources on how to fix those challenges before you. You’ll soon discover that when you get back to work, you’ll be better equipped to deal wisely with the affairs of life. You’ll work not just harder but smarter and then you’ll truly be happy.
7. Work Out: As much as you can accommodate it, make exercise a daily part of your regimen. It’ll boost happy chemicals, self-confidence, alleviate anxiety and also boost your brain power. In the long run, you’ll be better relaxed, more creative and become that super productive staff who gets much more done anytime and every time.
There are several more ideas that you can study for yourself to enhance your Werk-End. We will serve you more tips in the days ahead
We appreciate your valued feedback always. Please leave your questions or comments below
Thank you for your time and don’t forget to make it a most memorable WerkEnd.
Images: Getty Images, Google
New WerkEnd Goals Model; Queentholah
Article Edited by Tolulope Aina